This weekend just gone, I was 'playing' in my craft room. My Mum had asked me if I could give her some thank you cards so she could thank people for her 90th Birthday gifts. So, as I had been wanting to try some techniques I'd seen, I thought it was the ideal opportunity! I already had a stamp set out on my table, ready for filing, so I decided to use it.
The first technique I wanted to try was a technique demonstrated on You Tube by Jennifer McGuire - she called it, 'Distress Ink Lifting'. First, she took the distress ink pads direct to paper and smooshed it down, making a vibrant background and let it dry.
Next, she stamped some leaf images all over the background in Versamark ink and clear embossed them. Next, she took a damp baby wipe/cloth and wiped over the surface, to lift some of the colour, leaving a darker, glossy pattern behind.
I don't know whether I left the panel to dry for too long (I left it overnight, as I had gotten caught up doing other things), or if my card-stock was too porous for the technique, but my colour didn't lift like Jennifer's, but I still liked the effect and decided to still use it.
I cut it in half lengthwise and used it for two cards. I then used the same stamp set for the other card and stamped the largest leaf over a panel of watercolour card and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then I used some watercolour paints to colour them, just letting the paints do their own thing, then I splattered some paint on to the panel, cut a die-cut sentiment and layered the whole thing up on to a card base, using panels of co-ordinating card-stock.
There you have it, one stamp set, three cards and a failed experiment!
Here are the pictures.
Thank you for visiting, I hope you like what you saw, have a great week! Hazel xx